My name

Shivani is a name that is not really that common but also pretty common. In my life, I have probably met 10 or 11 different Shivani's.

I think that Shivani is a beautiful name. It means "life or death." Shivani can also be referred to as Goddess Parvathi, the wife of the Hindu God, Lord Shiva. I really could not find a meaning for my last name, Anandhasenthil, but Anandha means "joy or happiness," and Senthil refers to Lord Muruga, the son of Lord Shiva. 

According to the website "myfirstname.rocks," I am a pioneering spirit that is achievement-oriented. I can confidently agree with this statement. I tend to focus on getting my school work finished on time and doing my best in my extracurricular activities. I like trying out new things and pushing myself past my limit to see what I am capable of. It also says that I tend to want recognition for my efforts, and I could not agree more. I like having that reassurance and knowing that my actions have a positive impact on people, whether it is helping them or just making them happy or proud of me.

The website also says that I possess qualities common to actors, dancers, and performers.  I find that kind of funny because I a dancer and a singer, and literally almost all the other Shivani's I know either dance, sing, or perform in some kind of way. I love the feeling of being on stage and dancing my heart out; I have no words to describe how it feels other than encouraging you guys to try it out too!

Honestly, I just thought my name was boring before this blog post. However, after writing about it, I realized how much meaning my name has and how proud I am to be named Shivani.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photography in our Lives

Cultures and Rituals

1000 Piece Puzzle