1000 Piece Puzzle

 It was during the beginning of quarantine. I was bored because school was all asynchronous, and I had finished my homework for the week, so I decided to do a puzzle that I found lying around at home. I had done this 1000 piece puzzle before many times, but it was years ago, so I decided to challenge myself and finish the puzzle without looking at the picture on the box. It was really hard, but I somehow finished it in 4 days.

I started off by picking out the corner and side pieces. The only challenge with those pieces was to figure which pieces connected with which because half of them were green while the other half were blue. Then I picked out all the blue and white puzzle pieces that represented the sky and cloud and put them together. Figuring that out took more than 2 whole days, oh boy! I then sorted out the green pieces that represented the grass and put them together. This was not too bad because I could figure out where each piece went based on the sun and whether there was a shadow on the piece or not. Finally, the little gaps here and there were filled with pieces that contained flowers and animals.

And after 4 days, there it was. A beautiful puzzle of the sky and valleys was born. With all the fear of COVID-19 going around, it was calming to see such beautiful scenery. Just from an activity so small and simple, I realized something. If I put my mind to it, I can change a big, chaotic, mess into something beautiful and happy. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photography in our Lives

Cultures and Rituals