Semester 2, here I come!

 In such a short time, half of my senior year has already finished. It is easy to say that 12 AP English is probably one of my most favorite classes this year. The activities we did in class were very engaging and I got to learn so much.

I loved our solo reading time in class. I got to read a book of my choice, which brought back my interest in reading after I lost it in 9th grade. The independent reading time we had in class was much different than the class readings we have because we have group discussions about the book we are reading. I learn new things about the book that I did not initially realize and I also got to see the character and plot from the perspective of my peers.

For me, the workload this semester was perfect. It was not too much and not too little. With other difficult classes and college applications going on, the homework we got from the class was very helpful and reasonable. 

I like doing our book clubs because we get to choose the books we read and we also have smaller groups to talk to about our reading. I liked this really much because I tend to get nervous when speaking to a bigger group, so it was really easy for me to talk to a small group of peers that I chose to work with. 

Finally, my most favorite part of class this year was our blogs. This is a way to express myself as a person and to write without any expectations or requirements. Most of our other assignments require us to be formal and professional while writing, but I like to steer away from that direction in my blogs and I love to write informally.

Overall, class this year was a blast in terms of what we did and the people that were a part of this fun semester. With this in mind, I look forward to so much more this semester.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photography in our Lives

Cultures and Rituals

1000 Piece Puzzle