Snow?

Tuesday, November 10th. It was a beautiful day outside, and I mean BEAUTIFUL. It was 79 degrees Fahrenheit, and the sun was shining so brightly. I sat outside on my balcony and enjoyed the warm sun rays hitting my face as I enjoyed a delicious watermelon with my family. Later that day, my friends and I went to Boulan Park and enjoyed a picnic together (while social distancing, of course)! All summer, it was raining, but it literally felt like the summer in early November. How was I supposed to know that in literally a few days, it would finally look like winter?

Sunday, November 22nd. I woke up to my backyard sprinkled with snow. "Mom! C'mon, why is it snowing," I whined. I didn't want snow just yet! It weather never gave warned me about snow coming so soon. One day it was close to being hot and the next it is snowing! Don't get me wrong, I love EVERYTHING about snow, from its beautiful color to the way it makes me feel while drinking hot chocolate in front of my fireplace with Christmas pajamas on, but maybe a warning would have been appreciated?

Just by this one small incident, I learned a lot about myself. To start off, I can be a terrible whiner sometimes - whoops! Second of all, I learned that I like keeping things the same. I tend to get startled when I am faced with a change, whether big or small. However, I should learn to embrace everything that comes my way.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photography in our Lives

Cultures and Rituals

1000 Piece Puzzle