Life vs. COVID-19

 It's almost been a year. One whole year since I went to the Bahamas, since I went on a cruise ship, since I went to Florida, and since I went on a trip with my family. But it's also been a whole 365 days since I saw my best friend.


I go over to Illinois for her birthday, she comes over for a long weekend and my birthday, I go during Labor Day and Thanksgiving, and she either comes over for Christmas or we go on vacation together. I see her at least five times a year, but I haven't seen her at all this year, and I hate it. I miss seeing her, goofing off, shopping, and baking together. It's just so iconic being with her because everyone tells us that we remind them of our moms when they were in college since they were also best friends. I just can't wait for COVID-19 to die down so that we can finally see each other after so long.

If I had to describe COVID-19, I would say that it SUCKS! It's my senior year and I can't safely hang out with my friends, go to parties, or even go on a walk without being scared and cautious. Homecoming was canceled and football games were canceled. What's next: prom and graduation? Remember those old days, when people could go out without masks, we could have parties without state guidelines, and just..... be free? I really want that back, especially before June because high school isn't going to feel complete without high school graduation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photography in our Lives

Cultures and Rituals

1000 Piece Puzzle