Our First Secret Santa

Christmas is my favorite time of the year. This is the year my best friends and our families get together and play our traditional Secret Santa game. Every year, our favorite part is to look back at the very first time we played Secret Santa and laugh about everything that went wrong that year. 

The funniest thing that happened was our karaoke contest, both singers and non-singers included. We love looking back at the videos and "complimenting" everyone. The most entertaining thing that happened to my friend and me was while baking Christmas cookies. The recipe had asked for 2 cups of sugar, but I had accidentally put salt instead. I was then called away for something, so I had put the container down. However, my friend thought that the content inside the container was sugar and added 2 more cups, thinking that I hadn't put any of it in the dough. None of us realized this.....until everyone ate it. When I say that everyone was running to spit the cookies out, I mean EVERYONE. Well, there went a delicious batch of cookies.

This traditional storytime happens every year before we exchange our presents. Looking back at these memories always reminds us how special our friendships are. They started with our parents while they were in college and every generation has just gotten closer with each other. Even though we are hundreds of miles apart, we have never let that affect our friendship, which is why I call them family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photography in our Lives

Cultures and Rituals

1000 Piece Puzzle